The United States has been the birthplace of numerous musical genres, and some of the world’s most famous singers, songwriters and performing artists start here. These museums celebrate American musical history, through the lens of a specific artist or genre, or with a big picture approach.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Music Museum are as follows:
- Patsy Cline Museum - Nashville
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music - Memphis
- Johnny Cash Museum - Nashville
- Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum - Nashville
- Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum - Owensboro, Ky.
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center - Indianola, Miss.
- Motown Museum - Detroit
- GRAMMY Museum Mississippi - Cleveland, Miss.
- Delta Blues Museum - Clarksdale, Miss.
- Songbirds Guitar Museum - Chattanooga, Tenn.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning music museums!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo