Each year the NASCAR Sprint Cup series takes place on two dozen tracks across the nation. Each track makes for its own unique racing style and fan experience. USA TODAY 10Best's panel of NASCAR experts selected their 20 favorite venues as nominees for 'Best NASCAR Track,' and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites.
It was a close race between the winner and runner-up, but in the end it was Watkins Glen International, host of a double header weekend of top tier events, that snagged the title. Martinsville Speedway came in a close second.
The top 10 winners in the category 'Best NASCAR Track' are as follows:
- Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen, N.Y.
- Martinsville Speedway - Ridgeway, Va.
- Michigan International Speedway - Brooklyn, Mich.
- Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, Tenn.
- Darlington Raceway - Darlington, S.C.
- Kansas Speedway - Kansas City, Kan.
- Dover International Speedway - Dover, Del.
- Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, Va.
- Talladega Superspeedway - Lincoln, Ala.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, N.C.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jeff Gluck and Brant James cover motorsports for USA TODAY, while Matthew Henson serves as 10Best's very own racing expert.
Other nominees for 'Best NASCAR Track' included the Atlanta Motor Speedway, Auto Club Speedway, Daytona International Speedway, Homestead Miami Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Phoenix International Raceway, Pocono Raceway, Sonoma Raceway and the Texas Motor Speedway.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners. The contest was promoted on 10Best and USA TODAY.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo