National parks are often at their best and most beautiful during sunrise and sunset. 10Best editors and the National Park Foundation have nominated 20 of the best national park locales from across the country for watching a sunrise or sunset.
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park Location for Sunrise/Sunset are as follows:
- Kabetogama Lake - Voyageurs National Park
- Cadillac Mountain - Acadia National Park
- Cowee Mountains Overlook - Blue Ridge Parkway
- Cholla Cactus Garden - Joshua Tree National Park
- Mather Point - Grand Canyon National Park
- Beaver Marsh - Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Gettysburg Battlefield - Gettysburg National Military Park
- Pinnacles Overlook - Badlands National Park
- Haleakala Summit - Haleakala National Park
- Mormon Row - Grand Teton National Park
Other spots nominated in this category included Bryce Point at Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyon Junction at Zion National Park, Cape Hatteras Light Station at Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Castillo de San Marcos at Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, Chimney Rock at Point Reyes National Seashore, Delicate Arch at Arches National Park, Fire Island Lighthouse at Fire Island National Seashore, Grandview at New River Gorge National River, Mesa Arch at Canyonlands National Park and Zabriskie Point at Death Valley National Park.
Looking for a perfect national park experience for your next vacation? Visit FindYourPark.com to get ideas for exploring our more than 400 national parks.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo