There are fewer than 100 national park lodges in the USA, and after four weeks of reader voting, the winners of the Best National Park Lodge have been named.
It was a hard-fought and extremely close battle between the top two lodges for the title, but in the end, Pisgah Inn of the Blue Ridge Parkway took home top honors, thanks in part to its beautiful mountain views and excellent meals. The Blue Ridge Parkway is part of the National Park Service. Runner-up Many Glacier Hotel, located inside Glacier National Park, boasts some of the most spectacular views of any national park lodge.
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park Lodge are as follows:
- Pisgah Inn - Blue Ridge Parkway
- Many Glacier Hotel - Glacier National Park
- Jackson Lake Lodge - Grand Teton National Park
- El Tovar - Grand Canyon National Park
- Lake Crescent Lodge - Olympic National Park
- Crater Lake Lodge - Crater Lake National Park
- Old Faithful Inn - Yellowstone National Park
- Paradise Inn - Mount Rainier National Park
- Ahwahnee - Yosemite National Park
- Chisos Mountains Lodge - Big Bend National Park
Kay and David Scott, authors of the Complete Guide to the National Park Lodges (currently in its 8th edition) served as the experts for this contest based on their extensive knowledge and experience traveling in U.S. national parks.
Other nominees included Skyland Resort in Shenandoah National Park, Glacier Park Lodge in Glacier National Park, Grand Canyon Lodge in Grand Canyon National Park, Lake Yellowstone Hotel in Yellowstone National Park, Inn at Furnace Creek in Death Valley National Park, Jenny Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park, Inn at the Presidio in Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park, Lodge at Bryce Canyon in Bryce Canyon National Park and the Argonaut in San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners. The contest was promoted on 10Best and USA TODAY.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo