Most travelers visit national parks during the daylight, but there's a whole lot more going on in parks after dark! From star parties to full moon hikes, these 10 experiences, nominated by 10Best editors and the National Park Foundation and voted to the top by 10Best and USA TODAY readers, offer visitors the opportunity to experience the national parks in a different light.
The top 10 winners in the category Best National Park Night Experience are as follows:
- Summer Star Party - Cedar Breaks National Monument
- Monuments by Moonlight Night Tour - National Mall and Memorial Parks
- Sunset Safari - Rocky Mountain National Park
- Chaco Night Sky Program - Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- Star Party - Craters Of The Moon National Monument & Preserve
- Full Moon Hike at White Sands - White Sands National Monument
- Starry, Starry Night - Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Full Moon Guided Hike - Great Basin National Park
- Night Sky Observing - Badlands National Park
- Night Sky Program - Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
Additional nominees included Explore the Dark Skies at Hovenweep National Monument, Full Moon Hikes at Hurricane Ridge at Olympic National Park, Full Moon Hikes at Bryce Canyon National Park, Logan Pass Star Parties at Glacier National Park, Moon & Star Programs at Death Valley National Park, New Moon Stargazing at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Night Sky Watch at Virgin Islands National Park, Nightwalk at Bandelier National Monument, The Park After Dark at Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve and Stars Over Yosemite at Yosemite National Park.
Congratulations to all our winning national park programs and experiences.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo