Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo named Best Nebraska Attraction
Scotts Bluff National Monument voted runner up
While the big cities of Lincoln and Omaha boast plenty of cultural appeal, Nebraska's rugged beauty also entices in places like the Missouri River Valley and the Sandhills grasslands. What's on the top of your must-see list in the Cornhusker State? That's the question we asked our readers, and for the past four weeks, they've been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Nebraska Attraction are as follows:
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
- Scotts Bluff National Monument
- Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer - Grand Island
- Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum - Ashland
- Golden Spike Tower - North Platte
- Rowe Sanctuary - Gibbon
- Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park - Royal
- International Quilt Study Center & Museum - Lincoln
- Joslyn Art Museum - Omaha
- Arbor Lodge State Historical Park - Nebraska City
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Alan J. Bartels (Nebraska Life Magazine) and Diana Lambdin Meyer (www.mojotraveler.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Nebraska.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo