Scofflaw Brewing Company, Brew Gentlemen, Cruz Blanca and Dovetail Brewery in top five
Craft breweries are opening in record numbers in the United States – a whopping 861 of them in 2016 alone. USA TODAY 10Best wants to find the best new breweries in the country, ones founded in the past three years, so we asked a panel of beer experts to nominate their favorites. For the last four weeks, USA TODAY 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorites from a pool of 20 nominees, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Brewery are as follows:
- Bond Brothers Beer Company - Cary, N.C.
- Scofflaw Brewing Company - Atlanta
- Brew Gentlemen - Braddock, Penn.
- Cruz Blanca - Chicago
- Dovetail Brewery - Chicago
- Narrow Gauge Brewing Company - Florissant, Mo.
- The Answer Brewpub - Richmond, Va.
- Fieldwork Brewing Company - Berkeley, Calif.
- The Veil Brewing Co. - Richmond, Va.
- Great Notion Brewing - Portland, Ore.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton (AleSharpton.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience in the American beer industry.
Congratulations to all our winning breweries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo