Craft breweries are opening in record numbers in the United States, hundreds each year. USA TODAY 10Best wanted to find the best new breweries in the country, ones founded in the past two years (since the beginning of 2016), so we asked a panel of beer experts to nominate their favorites. For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Brewery are as follows:
- Barrel Theory Beer Company - St. Paul
- Outer Range Brewing Co. - Frisco, Colo.
- Dancing Gnome Beer - Pittsburgh
- Bearded Iris Brewing - Nashville
- Odd Breed Wild Ales - Pompano Beach, Fla.
- New Image Brewing - Arvada, Colo.
- HOMES Brewery - Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Eight & Sand Beer - Woodbury, N.J .
- New Park Brewing - West Hartford, Conn.
- Speciation Artisan Ales - Comstock Park, Mich.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Ruth Berman (Bon Beer Voyage), Gary Monterosso (What’s On Tap), Jack Muldowney (The Hop Review) and Ale Sharpton were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the North American beer scene.
Congratulations to all these winning breweries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo