Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us.
The number of craft distilleries in the United States grew by more than 11 percent between 2018 and 2019; the country now has more than 2,000 of them. With so many distilleries opening up each year, we decided to highlight some of the best on the scene.
We asked a panel of American spirits experts to nominate 20 of the best new craft distilleries in the USA, each opened in the past three years. Our readers then voted for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Craft Distillery are as follows:
- Lost State Distilling - Bristol, Tennessee
- Ballmer Peak Distillery - Lakewood, Colorado
- Rhode Island Spirits - Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Altered State Distillery - Erie, Pennsylvania
- Harmony Spirits - Harmony, Minnesota
- Dread River Distilling Co. - Birmingham, Alabama
- Hatch Distilling Company - Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
- Loaded Cannon Distillery - Bradenton, Florida
- Ferino Distillery - Reno, Nevada
- Wise Men Distillery - Grand Rapids, Michigan
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning distilleries!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo