Whether for work or for pleasure, a hotel stay can make or break a travel experience. Luckily, dozens of new hotels open their doors across the United States each year, offering travelers even greater choice in where to catch their z's. We asked a panel of travel experts to nominate their 20 favorite hotel openings of 2017, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Hotel are as follows:
- Wm. Mulherin's Sons - Philadelphia
- Lodge Kohler - Green Bay, Wis.
- Detroit Foundation Hotel - Detroit
- San Francisco Proper Hotel - San Francisco
- Pendry San Diego
- 21c Nashville
- The Collector Luxury Inn & Gardens - St. Augustine, Fla.
- Dossier Hotel - Portland, Ore.
- Ace Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Chaco - Albuquerque
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marla Cimini (USA TODAY), Eric Grossman, Gerrish Lopez and Christopher Parr (Pursuitist) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of American travel.
Congratulations to these winning new hotels!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo