Best New Jersey Attraction: Silverball Museum
Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial takes runner-up spot
New Jersey, nicknamed the Garden State, is bordered almost entirely by water – the Atlantic to the east, Delaware Bay to the south and the Delaware River to the west. With 127 miles of beaches, the famed Jersey Shore certainly appeals, but the state also features pine forests, lush farmlands, mountain chains and the third-largest state park system in the nation.
We asked a panel of New Jersey travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Jersey Attraction are as follows:
- Silverball Museum - Asbury Park
- Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial - Camden
- Grounds For Sculpture - Hamilton
- Wildwoods Boardwalk - Wildwoods
- Pier 13 - Hoboken
- NJ Audubon Cape May Bird Observatory - Cape May
- Lucy the Elephant - Margate
- Cape May County Park & Zoo - Cape May
- Paterson Great Falls National Historical Park - Paterson
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park - West Orange
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marla Cimini (USA TODAY) and Stephanie Vermillion (The Wanderlost Way) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in New Jersey.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo