Watkins Glen State Park comes in second place
Some of the United States' most recognizable attractions – Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State Building – are found in New York City. And while the Big Apple has no shortage of travel-worthy attractions, the rest of the state is well worth exploration as well. Outside the iconic metropolis in the Empire State, travelers find natural wonders like Niagara Falls and the Thousand Islands, award-winning wineries, Revolutionary War sites and the elegant estates of the Hudson Valley.
We asked a panel of New York travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best New York Attraction are as follows:
- Letchworth State Park - Castile
- Watkins Glen State Park - Watkins Glen
- The Corning Museum of Glass - Corning
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House Complex - Buffalo
- Niagara Falls - Niagara
- Empire State Building - New York City
- Women's Rights National Historical Park - Seneca Falls
- Statue Of Liberty - New York City
- Broadway Theatre District - New York City
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum - Cooperstown
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Stephanie Vermillion (The Wanderlost Way) and Andrea Wien (10Best) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in New York.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.