Pikes Peak, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, Plimoth Plantation and Colonial Williamsburg in top five
With Independence Day quickly approaching and summer travel plans in the works, 10Best set out to find America's best patriotic attractions – sites that help us remember our past and ignite our national pride. We asked readers to vote for their favorite patriotic attractions from a pool of 20 nominees, and after four weeks of voting, the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Patriotic Attraction are as follows:
- Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum - Boston
- Pikes Peak - Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum - New York
- Plimoth Plantation - Plymouth, Mass.
- Colonial Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Va.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial - Rapid City, S.D.
- Freedom Trail - Boston
- Arlington National Cemetery - Arlington, Va.
- Gettysburg National Military Park - Gettysburg, Penn.
- Statue of Liberty - New York
Additional nominees included The Alamo, Ellis Island, Fort McHenry National Monument, Fort Sumter National Monument, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell Center, National Archives Museum, National Mall and Memorial Parks, USS Arizona Memorial and Yellowstone National Park.
Congratulations to all our winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo