Knoebels, Pine Creek Gorge, Ohiopyle State Park and Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens also winners
Stretching all the way from the East Coast to the edge of the Midwest, Pennsylvania offers a wide range of experiences for those who take the time to explore. Some of the most important moments in American History took place in Philadelphia, while Pittsburgh was front and center during the Industrial Revolution. Outside the cities lies pastoral Pennsylvania Dutch Country and the deep forests of the Appalachian Mountains.
We asked a panel of Pennsylvania travel writers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Pennsylvania Attraction are as follows:
- Presque Isle State Park - Erie
- Knoebels - Elysburg
- Pine Creek Gorge - Wellsboro
- Ohiopyle State Park - Ohiopyle
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens - Pittsburgh
- Flight 93 National Memorial - Stoystown
- Pennsylvania Amish of Lancaster County - Lancaster County
- Longwood Gardens - Kennett Square
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History - Pittsburgh
- Fallingwater - Mill Run
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jim Cheney (UncoveringPA.com), Jill Gleeson (gleesonreboots.com), Chris O’Toole, Jonathan Palmisano and Sharon Rigney (10Best) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Pennsylvania.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo