Mabel's BBQ, Banter Beer and Wine, JoJo's Famous Chili Dogs and Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace in top five
Not to be confused by the po' boy in Louisiana, this Polish Boy is a Cleveland original. It's hard to pinpoint the exact origins of this Ohio sandwich, but however it popped into existence, it's since been lauded by chefs and food writers from around the country.
Originally a simple kielbasa (Polish sausage) on a bun, the Polish Boy has evolved to include a generous topping of french fries, cole slaw and barbecue sauce – a finger-licking-good handheld meal.
10Best and Sandwich America asked a local Ohio food writer and The Food Channel to nominate 20 worthy restaurants across the state as nominees for Best Polish Boy in Ohio, and for the last four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Polish Boy in Ohio are as follows:
- The Pit BBQ Grille - Columbus
- Mabel's BBQ - Cleveland
- Banter Beer and Wine - Cleveland
- JoJo's Famous Chili Dogs - Toledo
- Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace - Columbus
- Seti's Polish Boys - Cleveland
- Hot Sauce Williams - Cleveland
- Little Polish Diner - Parma
- Al & B's Barbeque - Cleveland
- Kim's Wings - Cleveland
Congrats to all our winning polish boy restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo