A visit to a public market often offers insight into a community through its foods and artisan goods. Many of these public markets, voted by our readers as the best in the country, occupy historic landmark buildings as well.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Public Market are as follows:
- Reading Terminal Market - Philadelphia
- Pike Place Market - Seattle
- Eastern Market - Detroit
- Boston Public Market - Boston
- Chicago French Market - Chicago
- Original Farmers Market - Los Angeles
- Lancaster Central Market - Lancaster
- Milwaukee Public Market - Milwaukee
- Findlay Market - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ferry Building Marketplace - San Francisco
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning markets!