Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us. Contact individual cities for the latest updates.
This period of social distancing has many people looking for ways to get active in the great outdoors. Thanks to an ever-growing network of recreational trails across the country, staying active is easier than ever.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Recreational Trail are as follows:
- Chuck Huckelberry Loop - Tucson
- Virginia Creeper Trail - Virginia and North Carolina
- Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail - Austin
- Swamp Rabbit Trail - Greenville, South Carolina
- Ke Ala Hele Makalae - Kauai, Hawaii
- Buffalo Bayou - Houston
- Jedediah Smith Memorial Trail - Sacramento
- C&O Canal Towpath - Washington, DC and Maryland
- Great Allegheny Passage - Maryland and Pennsylvania
- Katy Trail - Missouri
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning trails!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo