AK Alchemist, Seward Brewing Company, Quickie Burger and Alaska Coffee Roasting Co. also winners
When in Alaska, eat reindeer! While not actually native to Alaska – they were brought from Siberia – they have long been an important food source in the state. Most Alaskans no longer rely on reindeer or other game meats for sustenance, but you can still sample some reindeer yourself in the form of a sausage, burger or even a cheesesteak-style sandwich.
10Best and Sandwich America wanted to find the best reindeer sausage, burger or sandwich in the state, and to do so, we joined forces with a local Alaskan food writer and The Food Channel to nominate 20 worthy restaurants and sausage stands across the state. For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites. The results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Reindeer Sandwich in Alaska are as follows:
- Tiki Pete's Island & Alaskan Dogs - Anchorage
- AK Alchemist - Anchorage
- Seward Brewing Company -Seward
- Quickie Burger - Anchorage
- Alaska Coffee Roasting Co. - Fairbanks
- Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse - Anchorage
- Talkeetna Roadhouse - Talkeetna
- Reindeer Redhots - Sitka
- Tia's Gourmet Sausage and Hot Dog - Anchorage
- Husky Hot Dogs - Fairbanks
Congratulations to all our winning reindeer sandwiches!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo