You don’t have to be religious to appreciate the stories and collections at these museums, each dedicated to sharing the history, culture, art or traditions of some of the world’s diverse religious groups and faith communities. These include the country's best Jewish museums, religious art collections, heritage centers and more.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Religious Museum are as follows:
- Ark Encounter - Williamstown, Ky.
- Creation Museum - Petersburg, Ky.
- Museum of the Bible - Washington, DC
- The International Museum of Muslim Cultures - Jackson, Miss.
- Wycliffe Discovery Center - Orlando
- Biblical History Center - LaGrange, Ga.
- The Billy Graham Library - Charlotte, N.C.
- National Museum of American Jewish History - Philadelphia
- Oregon Jewish Museum - Portland, Ore.
- Saint John Paul II National Shrine - Washington, DC
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning religious museums!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo