Sheer Rocks named Best Restaurant in the Caribbean in 2018!
Bistrot Caraibes takes runner-up spot
The Caribbean is a melting pot of cultures and ethnic influences, and that diversity is reflected in its food. Culinary gems here range from fine dining to beachside seafood shacks serving up dishes good enough to make even the most discerning foodie swoon.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Restaurant in the Caribbean are as follows:
- Sheer Rocks - Antigua
- Bistrot Caraibes - Saint Martin
- Hibernia Restaurant & Art Gallery - Anguilla
- The Smoking Rooster - St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.
- Seven at the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman - Cayman Islands
- Flying Fish GastroBar - Freeport, Bahamas
- Elements Restaurant - Aruba
- Kome - Curacao
- The Stone Barn at Park Hyatt St. Kitts - St. Kitts
- Da Conch Shack - Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Sarah Greaves-Gabbadon (JetSetSarah.com), Melanie Reffes and Chelle Koster Walton (10Best) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of Caribbean travel.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!
A note on Irma and Maria: The 2017 hurricane season greatly impacted the Caribbean, with hurricanes Irma and Maria leaving destruction in their wakes. Where some islands were able to bounce back quickly, recovery continues on others. Each of our nominees in this contest is either currently open to visitors or has an expected opening date in 2018.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo