America's Best River for Tubing: The Portneuf!
San Marcos River in Texas takes second place
Nothing beats the summer heat like sipping a cold beverage under the sunshine while lazily floating down a river on a giant rubber donut. River tubing – both inexpensive and family-friendly – has become a popular summer pastime in the USA, and that's why we set out to find the best tubing rivers in the nation.
The top 10 winners in the category Best River for Tubing are as follows:
- Portneuf River - Lava Hot Springs, Idaho
- San Marcos River - San Marcos, Texas
- Guadalupe River - New Braunfels, Texas
- Delaware River - Milford, N.J.
- Shenandoah River - Harpers Ferry, W.V. & Luray, Va.
- Current River - Doniphan, Mo.
- Truckee River - Lake Tahoe, Nev. & Calif.
- Green River - Saluda, N.C.
- Yampa River - Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- Potomac River - Harpers Ferry, W.V.
Other nominated rivers included the Bogue Chitto River in Bogalusa, La.; Boulder Creek in Boulder, Colo.; Cahaba River in Helena, Ala.; Chattahoochee River in Atlanta & Helen, Ga.; Chipola River in Marianna, Fla.; Farmington River in New Hartford, Conn.;Kelly Park Rock Springs Run in Apopka, Fla.; Lihue Plantation in Kauai, Hawaii; Root River in Lanesboro, Minn. and the Snoqualmie River in Fall City, Wash.
What are you waiting for? Grab that tube and get floating!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo