Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us. Contact individual cities for the latest updates.
In recent decades, cities across the United States have been revitalizing their river fronts, transforming them into vibrant spaces for outdoor recreation, nightlife, cultural activity and scenic views. 10Best editors partnered with a panel of urban planning experts to nominate 20 great American riverwalks. Then we asked you to vote for your favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Riverwalk are as follows:
- Detroit International RiverWalk - Detroit
- Wilmington Riverwalk - Wilmington, North Carolina
- Schuylkill River Trail - Philadelphia
- San Antonio River Walk - San Antonio
- Smale Riverfront Park - Cincinnati
- Waterfront Park - Louisville
- Bricktown - Oklahoma City
- Mississippi Riverwalk - Dubuque, Iowa
- Chicago Riverwalk - Chicago
- Charles River Esplanade - Boston
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning riverwalks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo