During the early years of the 20th century, Americans took to the nation’s brand new highways, and roadside motels (a portmanteau of “motor hotel”) popped up to accommodate these travelers. Many of these historic properties have gotten retro-chic makeovers, blending their vintage charm with modern amenities.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Roadside Motel are as follows:
- Roadrunner Lodge - Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Hotel Palms - Atlantic Beach, Florida
- The Vagabond Hotel - Miami
- The Sunset Motel - Brevard, North Carolina
- The Sandman - Santa Rosa, California
- Dog Bark Park Inn - Cottonwood, Idaho
- Blue Swallow Motel - Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Wigwam Motel - Holbrook, Arizona
- Austin Motel - Austin, Texas
- Unscripted Durham - Durham, North Carolina
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning motels!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo