Note from 10Best: Someday, we'll all be ready to pack our suitcases again and head out on our next adventures. In the meantime, we'll keep supporting the places that inspire us.
During the early years of the 20th century, Americans took to the nation’s brand new highways, and roadside motels (a portmanteau of “motor hotel”) popped up to accommodate these travelers. Many of these historic properties have gotten retro-chic makeovers, blending their vintage charm with modern amenities.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Roadside Motel are as follows:
- Coachman Hotel - South Lake Tahoe, California
- Lincoln Motor Court - Mann's Choice, Pennsylvania
- The Sunset Motel - Brevard, North Carolina
- Wigwam Motel - Holbrook, Arizona
- Roadrunner Lodge - Tucumcari, New Mexico
- The Vagabond Hotel - Miami
- Blue Swallow Motel - Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Hotel Palms - Atlantic Beach, Florida
- The Astro Motel - Santa Rosa, California
- The Sandman - Santa Rosa, California
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning motels!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo