Sometimes you just need to get away from it all. Couples looking to reconnect in a more rural setting will find an ideal escape among the 10 winners for the 10Best Readers' Choice category of Best Romantic Inn.
Voting has been open for the past four weeks with readers voting daily for their favorites. Taking home the title of Best Romantic Inn is the Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, luxurious inn housed inside a colonial-style 19th century manor house in St. Michael's, Md.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Romantic Inn are as follows:
- Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond - St. Michaels, Md.
- Seven Gables Inn - Pacific Grove, Calif.
- Belfry Inn - Sandwich, Mass.
- Lord Jeffery Inn - Amherst, Mass.
- Vintage Inn - Yountville, Calif.
- Belmond El Encanto - Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Fearrington House Inn - Pittsboro, N.C.
- Goodstone Inn - Middleburg, Va.
- Twin Farms - Barnard, Vt.
- Inn at Dos Brisas - Washington, Texas
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Marla Cimini, Susan Moynihan (The Honeymoonist), Michelle da Silva Richmond (10Best Travel Expert) and Lydia Schrandt (10Best Editor) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of romance travel.
Additional nominees for the category Best Romantic Inn included Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford, Calif.; Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn.; Chanler at Cliff Walk in Newport, R.I.; Greyfield Inn in Cumberland Island, Ga.; Inn at Little Washington in Washington, Va.; Pitcher Inn in Warren, Vt.; Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, Calif.; Topping Rose House in Bridgehampton, N.Y.; White Barn Inn in Kennebunk, Maine and Winvian Farm in Morris, Conn.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo