Best Safari Park: Lee G. Simmons Conservation Park and Safari wins
This is the second win for Nebraska park
You don't have to fly to Africa to go on safari! At these 10 safari and wildlife parks, voted as the best in the U.S. by 10Best readers, visitors get up close and personal with exotic and endangered animals from around the country and the world. Many of the facilities are accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and have a focus on conservation as well as education.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Safari Park are as follows:
- Lee G. Simmons Conservation Park and Safari - Ashland, Neb.
- Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center - Divide, Colo.
- The Wilds - Cumberland, Ohio
- Bearizona Wildlife Park - Williams, Ariz.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center - Glen Rose, Texas
- Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari - Jackson, N.J.
- Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch - San Antonio
- Out of Africa - Camp Verde, Ariz.
- Lion Country Safari - Loxahatchee, Fla.
- Safari West - Santa Rosa, Calif.
A panel of experts (listed below) partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning safari parks!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo