Fish farming is illegal in Alaska state waters, and that means salmon served in restaurants across the state is wild-caught and among the healthiest and freshest available. The state’s five species of salmon–king, silver, chum, pink and red–are caught and served throughout the year and are a dietary staple for many Alaskans.
The top 10 winners in the Best Salmon in Alaska category are as follows:
- The Cookery - Seward
- Deckhand Dave's - Juneau
- La Baleine Café - Homer
- Alaska Fish House - Ketchikan
- The Saltry Restaurant - Halibut Cove
- 229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern - Denali National Park & Preserve
- Bear Tooth Grill - Anchorage
- Jack Sprat - Girdwood
- Seven Glaciers Restaurant - Girdwood
- Lavelle's Bistro - Fairbanks
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Maya Wilson (Alaska from Scratch) and Claire Neaton and Emma Laukitis (Salmon Sisters) were chosen for their knowledge of the seafood scene in thee state.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo