At their most basic, campgrounds offer a place to rest up in the great outdoors – whether in a state or national park, national forest or recreation area. But some campgrounds offer something even better: a view!
We asked USA TODAY 10Best readers to vote daily for their favorite scenic campground in the nation, and after four weeks of voting, the polls are closed and we have a winner!
Located in Big Bend National Park in Texas, Chisos Basin took home the title of Best Scenic Campground thanks to its great location with easy access to some of the park's best trails.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Scenic Campground are as follows:
- Chisos Basin - Big Bend National Park
- Okefenokee Canoe Shelters - Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge
- Oceanside - Assateague Island National Seashore
- Arch Rock - Valley of Fire State Park
- Garden Key - Dry Tortugas National Park
- White Tank - Joshua Tree National Park
- Twelvemile Beach - Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- North Rim - Grand Canyon National Park
- Tuolumne Meadows - Yosemite National Park
- Watchman - Zion National Park
Additional nominees for Best Scenic Campground included Bartlett Cove in Glacier Bay National Park, Gallo in Chaco Culture National Historic Park, Haena Beach Park in Kauai, Jedediah Smith in Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park, Kayenta in Dead Horse Point State Park, Kirk Creek in Los Padres National Forest, Sage Creek Primitive in Badlands National Park, Salmon River in Sawtooth National Forest, White River in Mount Rainier National Park and Wonder Lake in Denali National Park.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo