Canada's National Highway System encompasses more than 23,000 miles of highways (not counting countless more miles of quaint country roads), and includes some of the most scenic stretches of pavement in the world. From breathtaking ocean views where whales can be spotted breaching to majestic snow-capped peaks, Canada's the perfect place to hop in the car, roll down the windows and hit the road.
We partnered with a panel of Canadian travel writers to nominate their top 20 scenic drives in the country, and for the past four weeks, our readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Scenic Drive in Canada are as follows:
- The Cabot Trail - Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
- St. Lawrence Route - Baie-Saint-Paul to La Malbaie, Quebec
- Gaspesie Tour - Sainte-Flavie, Quebec
- Icefields Parkway - Banff to Jasper, Alberta
- The Irish Loop - Cape Shore, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Appalachian Range Route - Perth-Andover to Dalhousie, New Brunswick
- Acadian Coastal Drive - Moncton to Bathurst, New Brunswick
- The Viking Trail - Gros Morne to St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Fundy Coastal Drive - St. Stephen to Aulac, New Brunswick
- Dempster Highway - Dawson City, Yukon to Inuvik, Northwest Territories
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Gregory B. Gallagher (Michelin Green Guide Canada 2017), Janet Gyenes, Maureen Littlejohn, Jody Robbins (25 Places in Canada Every Family Should Visit), Jenn Smith Nelson (travelandhappiness.com) and Nadine Sykora (Hey Nadine) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Canada.
Congratulations to all these winning scenic drives!
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo