What makes an ideal ski hotel? Some might say a slope-side location with ski-in, ski-out service. Others would point to a serene spa for soothing sore muscles or a warming whirlpool with mountain views. 10Best asked a panel of skiing and snowboarding experts to nominate their favorite accommodations, and then we asked our readers to vote for their favorites. The results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Ski Hotel are as follows:
- Hidden Moose Lodge - Whitefish, Mt.
- Hotel Jerome - Aspen, Colo.
- Good Medicine Lodge - Whitefish, Mt.
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa - Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Alta's Rustler Lodge - Alta, Utah
- The Sebastian - Vail, Colo.
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Whistler, British Columbia
- Nita Lake Lodge - Whistler, British Columbia
- Montage Deer Valley - Park City, Utah
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley - Park City, Utah
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Wendy Clinch (TheSkiDiva), Lyndell Keating (Powderhounds), Kristen Lummis (The Brave Ski Mom), Nate Musson (The Not Snowboarding Podcast) and Mark Warner (Low Pressure Podcast: The Podcast for Skiers) were chosen based on their skiing and snowboarding expertise.
Other nominees in this category included Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole, Inn at Lost Creek in Telluride, Lake Placid Lodge in Lake Placid, The Little Nell in Aspen, Lumière Hotel in Telluride, The Pitcher Inn in Mad River Valley, The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch in Beaver Creek, The Snowpine Lodge in Alta and Stowe Mountain Lodge in Stowe.
Congratulations to all our winning hotels.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo