Sugarbush Resort comes in second place
As ski season approaches, we're once again out to find North America's best ski resorts. We recruited a panel of skiing and snowboarding experts to nominate their 20 favorite resorts on the continent – mountains that offer serious snowfall, varied terrain, lots of lift access and all the desirable amenities in town. But which is the best?
For the past four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites, and now the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Ski Resort are as follows:
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows - Olympic Valley, Calif.
- Sugarbush Resort - Warren, Vt.
- Big Sky Resort - Big Sky, Mont.
- Alta - Alta, Utah
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort - Crested Butte, Colo.
- Deer Valley Resort - Park City, Utah
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort - Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Killington Resort - Killington, Vt.
- Steamboat Resort - Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- Whistler Blackcomb - Whistler, British Columbia
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Wendy Clinch (TheSkiDiva), Lyndell Keating (Powderhounds), Kristen Lummis (The Brave Ski Mom), Nate Musson (The Not Snowboarding Podcast) and Mark Warner (Low Pressure Podcast: The Podcast for Skiers) were chosen based on their skiing and snowboarding expertise.
Other nominated resorts included Aspen Snowmass, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Mt. Baker Ski Area, Powder Mountain, Telluride Ski Resort, Vail and Whitewater Ski Resort.
Congratulations to all our winning resorts!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo