Temperatures are cooling and ski areas all across the continent are gearing up for their winter season. 10Best wanted to know which North American ski resorts are the crème de la crème, so we asked our readers to vote for their favorites from a pool of 20 nominated resorts–mountains that offer serious snowfall, varied terrain, lots of lift access and all the desirable amenities in town.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Ski Resort are as follows:
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows - Olympic Valley, Calif.
- Big Sky Resort - Big Sky, Mont.
- Keystone Resort - Keystone, Colo.
- Aspen Snowmass - Aspen, Colo.
- Beaver Creek Resort - Beaver Creek, Colo.
- Park City Mountain Resort - Park City, Utah
- Deer Valley Resort - Park City, Utah
- Steamboat Resort - Steamboat Springs, Colo.
- Sugarbush Resort - Warren, Vt.
- Killington Resort - Killington, Vt.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Wendy Clinch (TheSkiDiva.com) and Kristen Lummis (The Brave Ski Mom) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the North American ski scene.
Congratulations to all these winning resorts!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo