Temperatures are cooling and ski areas all across the USA and Canada are opening up for their winter season. 10Best wanted to know which North American ski resorts are the crème de la crème, so we asked our readers to vote for their favorite resorts from a pool of 20 nominees–mountains that offer serious snowfall, varied terrain, lots of lift access and all the desirable amenities in town.
The top 10 winners in the Best Ski Resort category are as follows:
- Winter Park Resort - Winter Park, Colo.
- Mount Bohemia - Lac La Belle, Mich.
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows - Olympic Valley, Calif.
- Alta Ski Area - Alta, Utah
- Copper Mountain - Copper Mountain, Colo.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort - Golden, B.C.
- Deer Valley - Park City, Utah
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort - Revelstoke, B.C.
- Taos Ski Valley - Taos, N.M.
- Telluride Ski Resort - Telluride, Colo.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Wendy Clinch (TheSkiDiva.com), Saxon Farnworth (Snowboard Addiction), Elena Hight, Lyndell Keating (Powderhounds) and Kristen Lummis (braveskimom.com) were chosen for their knowledge of the ski and snowboarding industry.
Congratulations to all these winning ski resorts.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo