While giant airports like JFK, LAX and Chicago O’Hare often dominate the travel scene due to the sheer number of passengers who pass through them each day, the United States is home to many smaller, friendlier airports that take some of the headache out of travel. These 10 airports serve fewer than 10 million passengers each year, yet excel with their commercial flight offerings, easy access and amenities.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Small Airport are as follows:
- Myrtle Beach International Airport - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Huntsville International Airport - Huntsville, Alabama
- T.F. Green Airport - Warwick, Rhode Island
- Long Island MacArthur Airport - Islip, New York
- Piedmont Triad International Airport - Greensboro, North Carolina
- Paine Field - Everett, Washington
- Bradley International Airport - Windsor Locks, Connecticut
- Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport - Wichita, Kansas
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport - Buffalo, New York
- Des Moines International Airport - Des Moines, Iowa
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
Congratulations to all these winning airports!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo