Known for its subtropical beaches, stately plantations, sea islands and "low and slow" barbecue, South Carolina gives visitors plenty to be excited about. While many travelers stick to the state's coastal regions, the inland areas offer a wealth of attractions as well.
We asked a panel of South Carolina travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite attractions in the state, and for the past four weeks, 10Best readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best South Carolina Attraction are as follows:
- Riverbanks Zoo & Garden - Columbia
- Greenville County Museum of Art - Greenville
- Middleton Place - Charleston
- Brookgreen Gardens - Murrells Inlet
- Falls Park on the Reedy - Greenville
- South Carolina State Museum - Columbia
- Fort Sumter National Monument - Charleston
- USS Yorktown - Mount Pleasant
- BMW Performance Driving School - Greer
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & SkyWheel - Myrtle Beach
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Katie McElveen, Renata Parker, Ramsey Qubein (RamseyQ.com), Lynn and Cele Seldon (www.seldonink.com), Travis Seward, Kristy Tolley and Maggie Tuten Tyner were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in South Carolina.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo