Sometimes the best things in life are free (or at least cheap) – that's certainly the case with these 10 park splash pads – voted as the best in the U.S. by 10Best readers – where families can come to cool off during the hot summer without breaking the bank.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Splash Pad are as follows:
- Seattle Center International Fountain - Seattle
- The Yards Park - Washington
- Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Fountains - Boston
- The Dinosaur Place Splashpad - Montville, Conn.
- Centennial Center Park - Centennial, Colo.
- Historic Fourth Ward Park Splashpad - Atlanta
- Mt. Elliott Park - Detroit
- Piratesville Splash Pad - Hartsville, S.C.
- Discovery Green - Houston
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Water Lab at Pier 6 - Brooklyn, N.Y.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jacqui Boland (Red Tricycle) and Mommy Nearest (mommynearest.com) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of family travel in the U.S.
Congratulations to all these winning splash pads, and be sure to keep this list close at hand for those scorching summer afternoons.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo