Falling Water Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Warren Falls and Slide Rock also winners
Nothing says "summer" quite like cooling off in a local swimming hole, and the U.S. is full of them. For the past four weeks USA TODAY 10Best readers have been voting daily for their favorite summer swimming hole, and the results are in!
Taking the title of Best Swimming Hole by a wide margin is Madison Blue Springs in Lee, Fla. This secret swimming hole shaded by hardwood and pine trees along the Withlacoochee River is a popular destination for swimming, kayaking, canoeing and scuba diving.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Swimming Hole are as follows:
- Madison Blue Springs - Lee, Fla.
- Falling Water Falls - Sand Gap, Ark.
- Bridal Veil Falls - Tallulah Falls, Ga.
- Warren Falls - Warren, Vt.
- Slide Rock - Sedona, Ariz.
- Cummins Falls - Cookeville, Tenn.
- Johnson's Shut-Ins - Middlebrook, Mo.
- Sliding Rock - Brevard, N.C.
- Three Sisters Springs - Crystal River, Fla.
- Havasu Falls - Havasu Canyon, Ariz.
Other nominees for Best Swimming Hole included Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, N.M.; Blue Hole Regional Park in Wimberley, Texas; Devil's Den Springs in Williston, Fla.; Devil's Waterhole in Burnet, Texas; Hamilton Pool in Dripping Springs, Texas; Jacob's Well in Wimberley, Texas; Juniper Springs in Silver Springs, Fla.; Queen's Bath in Kauai, Hawaii; The Sinks in Gatlinburg, Tenn. and Three Pools in Santiam River, Ore.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo