From the country twang of Nashville to the rock and roll beats of Memphis, Tennessee takes its music seriously. While the Volunteer State is home to some of the country's top musical attractions, it's also a state of immense natural beauty and storied – at times tumultuous – history.
We asked a panel of Tennessee travel writers and photographers to nominate their favorite state attractions, and for the past four weeks our readers have been voting for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Tennessee Attraction are as follows:
- Graceland - Memphis
- Dollywood - Pigeon Forge
- Grand Ole Opry - Nashville
- National Civil Rights Museum - Memphis
- Tennessee Aquarium - Chattanooga
- Sewanee: The University of the South - Sewanee
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Birthplace of Country Music Museum - Bristol
- Andrew Jackson's Hermitage - Nashville
- Lookout Mountain - Chattanooga
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Tom Adkinson (KnoxvilleDailySun.com), Jason Frye, Katy Koontz, Cory Lee (CurbFreeWithCoryLee.com), Margaret Littman, Kristin Luna (Camels & Chocolate) and Jerry Park (Jerry Park Photography) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Tennessee.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo