Texas is like a whole other country. It impresses with its sheer diversity of attractions – everything from pristine beaches, deep canyons and scenic swimming holes to stockyards, botanical gardens and one of the nation's best free museums. What's on your must-see list in the Lone Star State?
We asked our readers the same question, and for the past four weeks, they've been voting daily for their favorites.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Texas Attraction are as follows:
- San Antonio River Walk - San Antonio
- Padre Island National Seashore - Corpus Christi
- Gruene Hall - New Braunfels
- Moody Gardens - Galveston
- Space Center Houston - Houston
- The Alamo & San Antonio Missions - San Antonio
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park - Canyon
- Kimbell Art Museum - Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Stockyards - Fort Worth
- The Sixth Floor Museum - Dallas
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Ilene Jacobs, Lydia Schrandt and David & Rebekah Schroeder (From Texas to Beyond) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Texas.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo