Simeone Automotive Foundation Museum voted runner up
Henry Ford's Model T, the historic flight of the Wright Brothers, the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad, the first lunar landing – the U.S. has a long history at the forefront of transportation technology. 10Best. set out to find the best museums in the nation that delve into this history and bring it to life for visitors. For four weeks, our readers have been voting daily for their favorites, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Transportation Museum are as follows:
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum - Duluth, Minn.
- Simeone Automotive Foundation Museum - Philadelphia
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum - Council Bluffs, Iowa
- National Museum of the U.S. Air Force - Dayton, Ohio
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania - Strasburg, Penn.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum - Indianapolis
- Petersen Automotive Museum - Los Angeles
- National Automobile Museum - Reno
- Maritime Museum of San Diego - San Diego
- Illinois Railway Museum - Union, Illinois
Additional nominees in this category included the California State Railroad Museum, Colorado Railroad Museum, Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, The Henry Ford, Museum of Flight in Seattle, Museum of Transportation in St. Louis, Mystic Seaport, San Diego Air & Space Museum, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park and Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum.
Congratulations to all our winning museums!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo