Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods Resort Casino, L'Auberge Casino Resort and Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Biloxi also winners
The United States is home to some 1,500 casinos scattered from coast to coast, more than any other nation on the planet. USA TODAY 10Best teamed up with a panel of casino and gambling experts to find the best in the USA.
After four weeks of reader voting, the polls are closed and we have a winner!
It was an intense battle between the top three finishers, and Pechanga Resort & Casino pulled off a come-from-behind victory to take the top spot and the title of 'Best U.S. Casino.'
The state of Connecticut proved itself as a worthy gambling destination with the second- and third-place casinos: Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino respectively.
Las Vegas, the city most famous for its gambling scene, only had one casino finish in the top 10.
The top 10 winners in the category 'Best U.S. Casino' are as follows:
- Pechanga Resort & Casino - Temecula, Calif.
- Mohegan Sun - Uncasville, Conn.
- Foxwoods Resort Casino - Mashantucket, Conn.
- L'Auberge Casino Resort - Lake Charles, La.
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Biloxi - Biloxi, Miss.
- Harrah's Resort Southern California - Valley Center, Calif.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa - Atlantic City
- Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa - Las Vegas
- French Lick Resort - French Lick, Ind.
- Thunder Valley Casino Resort - Lincoln, Calif.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Lisa Robertson-Dziedzic (Casino Player and Strictly Slots magazines) and Tony Harrell (Abundant Travel) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of U.S. casinos.
Additional nominees for 'Best U.S. Casino' included Aria Resort & Casino, Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Bellagio, Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Mirage Hotel & Casino, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and Wynn Las Vegas.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners. The contest was promoted on 10Best and USA TODAY.License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo