There's something magical and mysterious about exploring the world beneath the surface of the water, and you don't necessarily need a SCUBA certification to do so! We asked USA TODAY 10Best readers to help us find the best underwater attractions in the nation, and after four weeks of voting, the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Underwater Attraction are as follows:
- Bonne Terre Mine - Bonne Terre, Mo.
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park - Weeki Wachee, Fla.
- Mermet Springs - Vienna, Ill.
- Atlantis Adventures - Hawaii
- The LuLu - Orange Beach, Ala.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park - Key Largo, Fla.
- Crystal River Complex - Crystal River, Fla.
- Sea Trek Reef Encounter at Miami Seaquarium - Miami
- Haigh Quarry - Kankakee, Ill.
- Dutch Springs - Bethlehem, Penn.
Other nominees for Best Underwater Attraction included Alger Underwater Preserve in Munising, Mich.; Bioluminescent Bays of St. Croix; Carthaginian II in Maui, Hawaii; Edmonds Underwater Park in Edmonds, Wash.; HMCS Yukon in San Diego; Homestead Crater in Midway, Utah; Monterey Bay in California; Neptune Memorial Reef in Key Biscayne, Fla.; Papoose in Cape Lookout, N.C. and Spiegel Grove in Key Largo, Fla.
Congratulations to all 10 winners!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo