Biggest, longest, highest – America's obsession with waterslides fuels the creation of newer, bigger and better water park thrills and chills each summer. We asked 10Best readers to help us name America's best waterslides, and after four weeks of voting, the results are in.
Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Ind. cleaned up the top two spots with Mammoth and Wildebeest respectively. The winning slide also happens to be the world's longest water coaster, while the runner-up is the second-longest.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Waterslide are as follows:
- Mammoth at Splashin' Safari - Santa Claus, Ind.
- Wildebeest at Splashin' Safari - Santa Claus, Ind.
- Verruckt at Schlitterbahn - Kansas City
- Boeing 747 at Wings & Waves - McMinnville, Ore.
- Colossal Curl at Water Country USA - Williamsburg, Va.
- Black Anaconda at Noah's Ark - Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Maximum Velocity at Wet 'n' Wild - Phoenix
- Screaming Serpents at Schlitterbahn - Galveston, Texas
- Cliffhanger at Schlitterbahn - Galveston, Texas
- Aqua Rocket at Raging Waters - San Dimas, Calif.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Joanne DiBona (Scenic Photos) and Dave Parfitt (AdventuresbyDaddy.com) were chosen based on their extensive knowledge of American water parks.
Additional nominees for Best Waterslide included Bomb Bay at Wet 'n Wild Orlando, Crush 'n' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, Dolphin Plunge at Aquatica Orlando, Drop Out at Raging Waters San Dimas, Ihu’s Breakaway Fall at Aquatica Orlando, King Cobra at Hurricane Harbor, Quadzilla at Noah's Ark, Scorpion's Tail at Noah's Ark, Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach and Walhalla Wave at Aquatica San Antonio.
10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners.
License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo