One of the best ways to enhance your appreciation for wine (and hone your palate) is to see firsthand how it's made, from the vine to the bottle. Many wineries offer tastings, but some take visitors behind the scenes into the vineyards and production facilities for an in-depth look at how their wines are produced. Which U.S. winery runs the best tour? We asked our readers to vote for their favorite from a pool of 20 nominees, and the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Winery Tour are as follows:
- Emeritus Vineyards - Sebastopol, Calif.
- Eberle Winery - Paso Robles, Calif.
- Chappellet - St. Helena, Calif.
- Schramsberg Vineyards - Calistoga, Calif.
- Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard - Peconic, N.Y.
- Wollersheim Winery - Prairie du Sac, Wis.
- Biltmore Winery - Asheville, N.C.
- Quintessa - Saint Helena, Calif.
- Hamel Family Wines - Sonoma, Calif.
- Hendry Ranch Wines - Napa, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jill Barth (L’occasion), Jil Child (Wine Tours of the World) and Karen MacNeil were chosen based on their deep knowledge of the American wine landscape.
Congratulations to all our winning winery tours!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo