Wisconsin is known as the Dairy State thanks to the 2.5 billion pounds of cheese it produces each year, but it could easily be called the Land of 15,000 Lakes, because that's about how many were left behind by a great glacier some 10,000 years ago. Wisconsin's got natural beauty in spades from Door County to the Apostle Islands, and its cultural appeal is easy to see in hubs like Milwaukee and Madison. What's your favorite Wisconsin attraction?
We asked you, 10Best readers, to vote once per day for your favorite nominee, and after four weeks of voting, the results are in.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Wisconsin Attraction are as follows:
- Door County
- Circus World - Baraboo
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens - Madison
- American Players Theatre - Spring Green
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin - Spring Green
- Harley-Davidson Museum - Milwaukee
- EAA Aviation Museum - Oshkosh
- Lambeau Field - Green Bay
- Milwaukee Public Museum - Milwaukee
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Mary M. Bauer (Wisconsin Day Trips by Theme), Ron Faiola (Wisconsin Supper Clubs: An Old Fashioned Experience) and Melanie Radzicki McManus were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of travel in Wisconsin.
Congratulations to all these winning attractions!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo