"Home" means many things to many different people. Whether you rent a modern studio apartment or live in a centuries old family estate, the space you call home will be enhanced by the creations of these 10 makers in the USA, nominated by a panel of expert in the makers movement and voted to the top by 10Best and USA TODAY readers.
The top 10 winners in the category Makers in the USA: Best Home & Garden are as follows:
- If You Give a Girl a Saw - Woodwork
- Garner Blue - Hand-dyed indigo textiles
- Paper & Clay - Small batch ceramics
- Erin Flett - Hand-printed textiles
- fig + moss - Apothecary goods
- Bean and Bailey - Slip cast porcelain
- Redraven Studios - Porcelain tabletop & home goods
- The ZEN Succulent - Modern terrariums
- The Contents Co. - Small batch apothecary goods
- IN.SEK Design - Home accessories
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Suzy Ekman (Makers Market), Erin Godbey (Makers Collective), Dayna Isom Johnson (Etsy) and Sid Orlando (Kickstarter) were chosen based on their expertise of the makers movement.
Other nominees in this category included Brooklyn Candle Studio, Floyd, Gramovox, Juniper Ridge, Moonbird Pottery, Peg & Awl, P. F. Candle Co., Lindbergh Candle Co., Pigeon Toe and ThePresent & Today.
Congratulations to all our winning makers!License the 10Best Readers' Choice Award Logo