Cuisine: American, Regional
Price Range: $$$
Kai is noteworthy on so many levels that it's difficult to know where to start when describing it. The esteemed crew that helped shape the restaurant includes Consulting Chef Janos Wilder, Executive... Read More
Kai is noteworthy on so many levels that it's difficult to know where to start when describing it. The esteemed crew that helped shape the restaurant includes Consulting Chef Janos Wilder, Executive Chef Michael O'Dowd, and Chef de Cuisine Jack Strong. They have devised a menu of incredible food using ingredients grown on local tribal farms in dishes with a definite Native American slant, such as an oxtail sausage frittata with huitlacoche sauce (made from the earthy Mexican corn fungus) and charred tomato cream, grilled buffalo tenderloin with smoked corn puree, heirloom beans, saguaro blossom syrup and cholla buds. A tasting menu is also available, with or without wine pairings. The ideal spot to enjoy such earthy-yet-ethereal food is Kai's patio, with a view out over the Estrella Mountains, with a prickly pear margarita in hand.
- Romantic Dining: "Start your dining experience with one of the signature martinis in front of a roaring fireplace in the restaurant's small lobby."
- Best Restaurants: "Start your dining experience with one of the signature martinis in the restaurant's small but comfortable lounge."
- Southwestern: "Start your dinner experience with one of the signature martinis. Simply incredible."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Kai has one of the most unique menus in Arizona - Native American-inspired gourmet fare - and offers stunning desert views, to boot.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Only in Arizona will you savor the creative, refined cuisine at Kai, which offers Native American-inspired fine dining.
- Best for Southwestern Because: Kai, which means "seed" in Pima, is one of the best - and priciest - places to experience modern, artful Southwestern cuisine in Metro Phoenix.
Find the 10Best nearby: