Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Regional
Price Range: $$$
Kai is noteworthy on so many levels that it's difficult to know where to start when describing it. The esteemed crew includes Consulting Chef Janos Wilder, Executive Chef Michael O'Dowd, and Chef de... Read More
Kai is noteworthy on so many levels that it's difficult to know where to start when describing it. The esteemed crew includes Consulting Chef Janos Wilder, Executive Chef Michael O'Dowd, and Chef de Cuisine Jack Strong. They have devised a menu of incredible food using ingredients grown on local tribal farms in dishes with a definite Native American slant, such as seared prairie squab and oxtail-merguez sausage frittata with cuitlacoche sauce and charred tomato crema, and grilled buffalo tenderloin with smoked corn puree, scarlet runner beans, saguaro blossom syrup and cholla buds. A tasting menu is also available, with or without wine pairings. The ideal spot to enjoy such earthy-yet-ethereal food is Kai's patio, with a view out over the Estrella Mountains. With a prickly pear margarita in hand.
- Best Restaurants: "Start your dining experience with one of the signature martinis in the restaurant's small but comfortable lounge."
- Romantic Dining: "Start your dining experience with one of the signature martinis in front of a roaring fireplace in the restaurant's small lobby."
- Southwestern: "Start your dinner experience with one of the signature martinis. Simply incredible."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Only in Arizona will you savor the creative, refined cuisine at Kai, which offers Native American-inspired fine dining.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Kai has one of the most unique menus in Arizona - Native American-inspired gourmet fare - and offers stunning desert views, to boot.
- Best for Southwestern Because: Kai, which means "seed" in Pima, is one of the best - and priciest - places to experience modern, artful Southwestern cuisine in Metro Phoenix.