Also Featured In
Phoenix Art Museum
Type: Art Museums, Museums
Another institution growing by leaps and bounds, this museum's scope is indisputably international with works representing American, Asian, European and Latin American art. The museum also features... Read More
Another institution growing by leaps and bounds, this museum's scope is indisputably international with works representing American, Asian, European and Latin American art. The museum also features exhibits on fashion and the Thorne miniature rooms (rooms from different historical periods, scaled down to hatbox size). With more than 18,000 works of American, Asian, European, Latin American, Western American, modern and contemporary art, expect to spend some time exploring the halls of this vibrant museum. Major exhibitions, film screenings and various cultural events fill the calendar at this popular attraction. Make sure to stop by the gift shop on your way out for unique, art-inspired items.
- Tue,: Thu-Sat; 10am-5pm
- Wed: 10am-9pm
- Sun: Noon-5pm
- Adult $18; Senior (65+) $15; Student $13; Child (6-17) $9; Child (5 and under) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "The museum offers free admission with a voluntary donation every Wednesday from 3 pm to 9 pm."
- Free Things to Do: "Free admission/voluntary donation is available on Wednesdays from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., every second Sunday of the month from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., and every first Friday of the month from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Free admission/voluntary donation is available on Wednesdays from 3-9 p.m.; First Friday of every month from 6-10 p.m.; Second Saturdays from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Second Sundays from 12 p.m.-5 p.m."
- Museums, Attractions near US Airways Center, Family-Friendly Museums: "Free admission/voluntary donation every Wednesday, 3-9pm."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Phoenix Art Museum is an urban oasis of sophistication, where couples can browse world-class galleries and enjoy a gourmet lunch in the museum cafe.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Phoenix Art Museum is a world-class art museum that offers free general admission every Wednesday afternoon, plus several other times every month.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Phoenix Art Museum is the largest art museum in the Southwest, with strong Asian, Latin American and Western American collections.
- Best for Museums Because: The Phoenix Art Museum offers family-friendly exhibits and hands-on displays for art lovers of all ages.
- Best for Attractions near US Airways Center Because: Phoenix Art Museum is a world-class art museum conveniently located near major downtown attractions.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Phoenix Art Museum offers kid-friendly, hands-on displays and events.