Cuisine: American, Burger
What this tiny traditional diner lacks in square footage, it more than makes up in style and heart. The vintage diner ambiance and modern American menu of comfort food classics has made Welcome Diner... Read More
What this tiny traditional diner lacks in square footage, it more than makes up in style and heart. The vintage diner ambiance and modern American menu of comfort food classics has made Welcome Diner a downtown favorite. The food menu includes burgers, buttermilk biscuit sandwiches, and side dishes. The menu also features a supper menu that includes a market salad, New Orleans-style red beans and rice, and vegan po-boys. The drink menu includes Mexican Coca Cola, rotating draft beers, and a small selection of cocktails and wine. Side orders include unique dishes like smoked spring onion slaw and poutine, fries with cheddar and gravy.
- Roosevelt Row (RoRo)'s Best Restaurants: "The Big Jim, a buttermilk fried chicken sandwich, is a crowd favorite."
- Restaurants near US Airways Center: "Be aware that the Welcome Diner has a seasonal brunch schedule. Brunch is generally available Fall, Winter and Spring."
- Homestyle: "For dessert, try a specialty scoop from Sweet Republic Creamery."
- Late Night: "Check the restaurant's website for seasonal summer hours."
- Best for Roosevelt Row (RoRo)'s Best Restaurants Because: Welcome Diner is technically located in downtown Phoenix's Garfield neighborhood, but it's a unique spot that's convenient to Roosevelt Row.
- Best for Restaurants near US Airways Center Because: Welcome Diner is a fun destination for creative comfort food near Talking Stick Arena and downtown Phoenix.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Welcome Diner in Phoenix's Roosevelt districts dishes out great homestyle plates in a vintage diner.
- Best for Late Night Because: Welcome Diner dishes out comfort food favorites until 2 a.m. every day except Monday.