Also Featured In
Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Museums
This museum and its adjacent park are built on the site of 1500-year-old Hohokam Indian ruins. Exhibits showcase lifestyles of the Hohokam and of other Southwestern tribes, and visitors learn about... Read More
This museum and its adjacent park are built on the site of 1500-year-old Hohokam Indian ruins. Exhibits showcase lifestyles of the Hohokam and of other Southwestern tribes, and visitors learn about Phoenix's cultural heritage through displays of arts and crafts created and used by Native Americans. An informative and fun hands-on exhibit encourages children to learn more about archaeology. A fully accessible 2/3 mile trail takes visitors through the prehistoric site, which includes a partially excavated platform mound, ballcourt, and replicated prehistoric houses. The site is conveniently located minutes from downtown Phoenix next to Sky Harbor International Airport. It's a National Historic Landmark and Phoenix Point of Pride site.
- May - Sep: Tue-Sat 9am-4:45pm
- Oct - Apr: Mon-Sat 9am-4:45pm; Sun 1pm-4:45pm
- General Admissions Adult (18-54) $6; Senior (55+) $5; Child (6-17) $3; Child (5 and under) Free;
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities, Attractions near US Airways Center Because: Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park lets visitors walk amongst 1500-year-old Hohokam Indian ruins.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Keep in mind the park is closed Sundays and Mondays in the summer.
- Best for Museums, Family-Friendly Museums Because: Pueblo Grande is a fun way to explore Phoenix's prehistoric past with the whole family.